All Apartments have the following features:
- 3 Bedroom apartments, 2 exquisite bathrooms (main en suite)
- Fully equipped gourmet kitchens with fridge, freezer, gas and electric hob, oven and microwave.
- Scullery with dishwasher, washing machine and tumble dryer
- Air conditioning and under floor heating
- Gas fireplace
- Remote controlled HD televisions with the full bouquet of DSTV channels and PVR recorder
- DVD players
- Spacious sun decks with patio furniture. sun loungers and Weber braai (barbeque)
- Free internet access in foyer only
The design for the apartments at Beacon House was inspired by various styles and principles of buildings found in Cape Cod and Nantucket, as well as the local vernacular which has a rich history and architectural style of its own, reminiscent of the timber clapboard houses of the American Eastern Seaboard.
The design reflects an easy living holiday atmosphere, whilst incorporating sleek modern finishes with the highest quality detailing and practical layout that encourages flow and utilizes natural light. The view of the heads towards the South West and the lagoon towards the North West was the obvious reason for the orientation and space formation of the structure.
Due to the narrow shape of the site, and the fact that the site backs up against the milk wood forest and mountain, the building was designed longitudinally facing almost due west. The building is split into two wings (north & south) with the circulation core (which includes a modern elevator) and entrance lobby situated centrally. The parking garages and covered parking are all located at ground level with the apartments elevated above, thereby improving the view of all units. Parking has been provided within the development for visitors.
Vehicular access for tenants to the property is gained exclusively through a security boom. A walkway directly in front of the development provides residents with access to the various stunning view points at the Heads.